Lantronix EDS4100 serial server RS-232/422/485
Prices shown are list. Add to Cart and Request a Quote to benefit from our best available pricing
- Provides a safe and secure network connectivity solution for virtually any device with an RS-232/422/485 serial interface
- Simplifies deployment with a standards based, programmable computing platform which supports a Cisco-like CLI, XML, and RSS
- Defends against hostile attacks with a versatile collection of ready-to-use security algorithms and encryption modules
- Delivers flexible power configurations, eliminating the need for costly power converters
- Provides new business intelligence from network-enabled equipment
The EDS4100 is a combination Ethernet terminal and multiport device server that delivers unprecedented levels of integration, intelligence, and security, and enables new ways to network-enable legacy equipment. Designed with enterprise-grade networking applications in mind, the EDS4100 provides a hassle-free and inexpensive way to add secure network connectivity to virtually any device with a serial interface.
Available in a four-port configuration, and equipped with flexible power options including Power Over Ethernet (PoE), the EDS4100 is ideal for applications where multiple pieces of equipment need to be connected, remotely accessed, and managed. Featuring Lantronixâ€™ powerful Evolution OS and a mature protocol stack, each EDS4100 device server offers robust security options like SSL/SSH, AES, 3DES, and RC4 encryption to defend against hostile Internet attacks.
The EDS4100 supports a flexible â€œCisco-likeâ€ CLI and is equipped with a built-in web server that simplifies configuration and control, making it easier to integrate â€˜edgeâ€™ devices such as medical devices, kiosks, POS/retail terminals, or security equipment into the enterprise network.