Lantronix UDS1100-IAP serial server RS-232/422/485
Prices shown are list. Add to Cart and Request a Quote to benefit from our best available pricing
- In minutes, securely connect factory floor devices to enterprise systems
- Access, monitor and control equipment over Ethernet
- Replace dedicated PCs and/or modem lines with fast and reliable Ethernet networking
- Supports RS-232, RS-422 and RS-485 communications
- Includes Modbus TCP, ASCII, RTU and DF1 protocols
- 15kV serial ESD protection
- Wide -40Â°â€“ 70Â°C operating temperature range
- Environmentally-friendly RoHS and WEEE-compliant
The UDS1100-IAP is a rugged and powerful tool which enables users to connect, manage and control just about any piece of industrial equipment from virtually anywhere over Ethernet or the Internet.
This single-port Device Server is a quick, simple and inexpensive way to bring the advantages of real-time or on-demand information access.
Standards Based Communications
Using an open Ethernet architecture as a standard provides the flexibility for equipment to communicate to virtually any type of industrial device.
When used in conjunction with an OPC server, most Windows based HMI, SCADA and PC-based control applications have full access to information in the industrial equipment networked by the UDS1100-IAP.
Extending Serial Communications Across the Globe
Our approach to network-enabling devices is transparent to your attached equipment and software so you wonâ€™t need to change the way you work. Using a method called serial tunneling, the UDS1100-IAP encapsulates serial data into packets and transports it over Ethernet. Serial tunneling can be done in multiple ways:
- Using Lantronix supplied Com Port Redirector software, Windows device applications not designed for network communications are re-directed to communicate to devices connected to the UDS1100-IAP.
- Connecting two UDS1100-IAP Device Servers configured to automatically talk to each other over the network creates virtual serial connections that can extend serial communications across a facility or around the world.
Built-in Web Server
The built-in web server enables users to access and configure the UDS1100-IAP from a standard web browser. Web pages enabling the UDS1100-IAP to be customized for unique applications can be built using Lantronix development tools. On-board Flash memory provides room for future system software upgrades and maintenance-free, nonvolatile web page storage.
Easy to Set Up and Use
The UDS1100-IAP can be set up locally through its serial port, or remotely using Telnet or a web browser. The included DeviceInstallerâ„¢ Windows-based configuration software simplifies setup and provides an easy way to:
- Assign IP & other network specific addresses
- Load custom web pages
- Enable web-based configuration of the Device Server
- Ping or query the attached device(s) over the network
- View specific device data files
- Upgrade firmware
- Simplify process of installing industrial protocols
Complete with an auto MDI/MDIX Ethernet interface, the UDS1100-IAP is a powerful device communication solution thatâ€™s perfect for your most demanding industrial applications.
In modem emulation mode, the UDS is used to replace dialup modems. The unit accepts modem AT commands on the serial port. It then establishes a network connection to the end device, leveraging network connections and bandwidth to eliminate dedicated modems and phone lines.
RoHS logoRoHS-compliant, the UDS1100-IAP meets Directive 2002/95/EC on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment.
If youâ€™re looking for a transparent, cost-effective, and scalable means to network-enable your industrial automation equipment, look no further than the UDS1100-IAP.